Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lots 'O Doctors Appointments

Brian's work implemented a new policy-yearly physicals or your insurance premiums will double. No one is exempt so I waddled into my doctor's office last week for a physical. The nurse was filling in the info: age, blood pressure, height, weight, etc. when suddenly she stopped threw down her pen in disgust and said, "You have got to be kidding me! They are asking for the waist circumference of a pregnant woman? They should be shot!" The best part of all this? No where on this special HMO form is there any place to write in preexisting health conditions like pregnancy...so my doctor (who is pregnant herself) grabbed a red pen and wrote 33 weeks pregnant all over the form!

Had my 34 week doctor appointment yesterday. Holy cow! Six weeks until my due date! Where has the time gone? Parker is perfect and is already positioned head down facing my back...that's my boy!!! Going to the OB every two weeks has already gotten annoying especially since I have to drive 45 minutes for a 15 minute appointment. I'm super excited because in 3 weeks I start going once a week.

1 comment: