Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Shower!

I spent last Saturday afternoon with an amazing, funny, and generous group of friends and family. My sister Sarah hosted the party at her mother-in-law's beautiful home. Sarah made some yummy food, the best punch I have ever had, and tasty strawberry cupcakes for dessert! Then we laughed, chatted, played a game and spent what felt like hours opening gifts! Everyone was so generous and found such cute outfits and baby gear!

Later that night, I tortured Brian by telling him I just wanted to "show" him all of the loot that Parker got, then I started organizing and setting up everything. Finally, after about an hour Brian couldn't take it any more, grabbed the fleece blanket my Aunt Connie made Parker, folded it into a pillow and fell asleep on the nursery floor!

Because I can't possibly post pictures of all of the amazing gifts Parker received, here are pictures of some of the most unique gifts:





My fabulous sister-in-law Sarah gave me a memory can with little note cards inside to help quickly record all of Parker's important milestones, then when I have more time I can add these events into his baby book.







My amazingly talented Aunt Linda made Parker an adorable colorful dog quilt. She creates these beautiful quilts for various family milestones and always includes a dedication with the year it was given. I hope this becomes Parker's favorite "blankie."







Jeanee and her daughter Alexis made these cute letters to hang in the nursery. (After Brian and I hung them we stepped back to admire our handy work. I was concentrating on whether the letters were spaced evenly/hung at the right height and declared they look great!...Brian agreed, but pointed out we spelled P-A-K-R-E-R instead of PARKER!)





Finally, my Mom's best friend Louise from California sent this cute hooded bath towel with Parker's name embroidered on it. The hood has floppy ears and it has a matching dog bath mitt!

2 comments:

  1. What talented family/friends you have :) LOL I love the Parker over the crib. It turned out great! Now we just need the little guy here so he can enjoy it, and we can enjoy him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun baby shower! Parker got a lot of really nice things...he is SO loved already! Can't wait to hold him!!

    ReplyDelete