Thursday, January 7, 2010

Look Out for the Crazy Pregnant Lady!

Last Friday night I started looking for baby furniture on-line. I found some cribs, dressers and changing tables that I liked but no matching sets. To make matters worse most pieces said 2-3 weeks before the furniture would even leave the factory! My overactive nesting instinct kicked into overdrive and at 10:30 PM on January 1st the crazy pregnant lady appeared. Until now, I think I had been fairly sane but there was no stopping this hormone driven crazy train!

I threw down the laptop and yelled at Brian; "That's it! We are going to Tacoma tomorrow and getting some baby furniture because no child of mine is going to sleep in a dresser drawer!"

Brian, who had been quietly watching TV until my outburst stared at me with a confused and scared look on his face and said the only thing that would derail the crazy train. "Okay, what time do you want to go?"

And with that I morphed back into my normal self.

On Saturday we headed to Babies R Us where we found a set we both liked. They had the crib and dresser, but we had to order the changing table. We set up the furniture on Sunday and all is finally right in my crazy hormone driven world.

I'll post actual pictures of the nursery when we get it completed.

4 comments:

  1. That is so hilarious. I would have loved to have seen Brian's face :) I'm glad you guys found something you liked. I can't wait to see the nursery and belly pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Gracious! You're way ahead of the game. You still have 4 months to go, and you've got his room almost done? Looking fwd to seeing it Sunday!

    And, kudos to "Baby Daddy" for his proper response to "Crazy Pregnant Lady"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture Brian's face. I'm glad that he reacted correctly. Can't wait to see the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember feeling that way and all I can say is that unfortunately...it only gets worse. Especially the closer you get. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete