Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Pictures and a Bonus Recipe

We headed down to Brian's parent's house for Easter.  The weather was nice, and Parker was able to have an Easter egg hunt outside.  Dave and Vicki have a beautiful yard so my amateur photography looks pretty darn good.








This Easter, I attempted to dye Easter eggs using natural dyes (beets, blueberry juice, curry, paprika, etc) but I used too much vinegar and the outer layer of shell and color fell off when I rinsed them. So there I was with 12, really ugly hard boiled eggs and did I mention I'm not a big fan of hard boiled eggs?  The only way I like to eat hard boiled eggs is the way my dad made them when we were kids.  Brian looked at me like I was crazy when I made a bowl for breakfast, then he tried a bite and liked it.  Parker and I just shared some of these eggs and he devoured 2 bowls and wanted more! 

Here's the very simple and delicious recipe if you want to give it a try.

Grampy's Smooshed Eggs

1-2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 pat of butter
salt and pepper

Slice up or chop eggs and place is a bowl.  Microwave until hot, usually between 30-60 sec.  Drop in the pat of butter.  Using a fork; smash and smoosh the eggs into bite size chunks.  Sprinkle w/ salt and pepper. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You did get some great pictures Amy. I can remember my mom fixing eggs like your smooshed eggs when I was little. I will have to try it again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete