Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Date Night

Last night, I decided Parker and I were going to go out to dinner.  When I picked him up from daycare, I asked if he wanted to be my date for dinner, and he yelled YEAH! and made all the daycare workers chuckle. 

Since P was familiar with it, we ate at our local Mexican restaurant.  I planned to order him a quesadilla - he loves cheese and tortillas, put them together and I figured he would be in heaven.  As soon as we got to the table he started looking around and yelling, DA! DA?  trying to figure out why Brian wasn't with us.

While we were waiting for our food, I gave P a chip dipped in refried beans and he spent the next 10 minutes licking beans off the same chip and handing the chip back for me to redip.  After a while he decided he could dip the chip himself, then he gave up on the chip and grabbed a fork.  He alternated dipping the fork into the beans and salsa.  I told him to be careful, the salsa might be too spicy for him.  The spiciness hit him on the third dip.  I couldn't help but laugh!  He froze, got a strange look on his face, stuck his tongue out as far as it would go, shook his head back and forth, and shrieked while I tried to get him to drink some milk or water.  After about 10 seconds he drank some water and was fine.

When our food came, Parker took one look at his quesadilla and asked shrieked for one of my plain tortillas. We compromised by putting some beans on his piece of tortilla and he ate some of the fruit that came with his kids meal. 

 I'm not sure if we will go to dinner again without Brian.  It wasn't that much fun and the dinner conversation was BORING!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the story about Parker's experience with hot sauce. I can just see him sticking out his tongue.

    ReplyDelete