Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break!

This week is my Spring Break! What will I be doing for a whole week? Will it be a week of relaxation? Perhaps getting last minute things done around the house? Or even having extra time to try some new recipes? Ha! No such luck! We are banished to the Man Den while the hardwood floors are being redone. That's right the 4 of us are living in the 400 sq foot converted garage for 4+ days while the house is full of sawdust and fumes. Now don't feel too bad for us -we are not exactly roughing it! We have a fridge, microwave, toaster oven, heat, phone, cable TV, internet, queen size bed, and a bathroom with a shower. It kind of reminds me of my studio apartment in Bremerton, which eventually became our first place together. But this has not stopped me from threatening Brian with "I'm going to tell people you're making your pregnant wife live in the garage!!!"

Here are some pictures:


Here is the "kitchen"

Ike thinks he can trade in his dog bed for a queen size

Once I explained that it was my dog bed he got down...for about 5 minutes!

I think the dogs are really going to like it. We are always in their line of sight, they can wrestle in the middle of the floor without hitting anything, and I think Turner really likes the bathroom. He got so excited while exploring that he peed in the shower (last time he was in here was New Years and he peed on the carpet so this is a definite improvement!)

Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. That place is bigger than my Los Angeles apartment, and I bet Brian can actually fit in your shower! hee hee.

    Good luck over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete