Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Questions from Students

Thought I would share some of the amusing questions and conversations I have been having with my students:

"Mrs. Masten should you be sitting like that? If your rib cage collapses you could crush the baby!"

"Can the baby throw up in your stomach?"

"What happens to the umbilical cord?" I explain it is cut and then you have to wait for it to fall off. She actually gagged! After a few more questions I realized she thought the umbilical cord would hang off the baby like a snake until it fell off!

I was talking to a female student and telling her that Parker had been kicking really hard lately and she said, " Maybe he is trying to make a little skylight out of your bellybutton so he can see what is going on out here." A male student nearby looked at my stomach wide-eyed and stammered, "Could that really happen!?!"

"Do you know you're going to have to work really hard after the baby is born to get rid of all your flab?"

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious - except that last kid. Give him an F.

    I had a Wharton MBA grad ask me how the baby could breathe if he was surrounded by fluid. Apparently a $100k education can't buy you common sense...

    ReplyDelete