Monday, February 13, 2012

Contagion

Classic timing! Brian started back to work on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I woke up feeling like crap.  I thought it was the stomach flu, but now realize I probably contracted Rotavirus/Norwalk virus.  These are the same viruses that are sweeping through schools and at last count 145 people at a local cheerleading competition came down with Norwalk virus. 

For the last 3 days, poor Parker has been trapped in the living room for most of his waking hours while I shivered and napped on the couch.  He was such a trooper!  I managed to get him to hangout in bed for an extra 2 hours by bribing him with cartoons, rice chex and a sippy. He even played nurse, giving me blankets and books!

By Friday, Parker had covered the entire living room with toys and was getting pretty frustrated with being cooped up.  Brian came to the rescue and made it home early enough to help Parker burn some energy before bed.   By Saturday morning I was finally starting to feel human again and Brian was able to get Parker out of the house so he could run around and make up some of his lost playing time.
Now I just need to find the energy to get back into the swing of things and decontaminate/sanitize the entire house so no one else gets sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment