Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Art Critic

Last year I realized we were in need of some grown up artwork in our house.  The small handful of things we had were a) from IKEA or b) framed posters from college.  So I started trying to find a few things to add to our sad little collection, but immediately ran into a huge road block.  Brian. 

Here is an example of a typical conversation:

Brian:  So I was thinking about getting you that picture of Mt. Rainer that you liked at Pikes Place Market for Valentine's Day, but you watch the bank account like a hawk so I couldn't figure out a way to do it secretly.

Me: Why would you buy that?  You didn't like it.

Brian: I didn't mind it.

Me: Huh?  Well what do you like?

Brian: Nothing with color or flowers.

Me:  Oh that's really helpful!

Brian:  I would be happy with a stained piece of wood above the couch.

Me: Seriously?!?  So let me get this straight, you envision our living room with a chunk of wood above the couch, some random black and white pictures, and probably an elk or deer head mounted on the wall?

Brian: Yeah!  That would be perfect!

Me: AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!  Maybe my second husband will have better taste in art!

No comments:

Post a Comment