Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Worry of Love

   It's 2 AM and I can't sleep. You would think after almost a week of sleepless nights I would be too exhausted to stay awake. But yet again, I found myself laying next to Parker listening to him breathe and questioning every wheeze, crackle, and sniffle I hear.  

   How can something so small make you worry so much? He had coughing attack, woke up, snuggled up against Brian and instantly fell back asleep. He leaned against me and slept through his breathing treatment.  Eye closed, mask on, as the machine loudly pumped and gurgled.

   How do kids do that? How do they smile and sleep through the things we put them through? The things we ask them to do. Things we tell them to do. Simply because we promise "it will make you feel better." 

Love and trust is an amazing thing.

Being a parent is insanely exhausting and amazingly rewarding at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment