Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This is the definition of FUBAR!

I've decided medical statements and payment information should be kept almost as long as tax returns, and this is why...

Just received a bill from 05/07/10 (Parker's birth) called to find out what it was for, and the reason both insurances denied payment.  Past experience has taught me that if the provider doesn't bill your insurance in a timely manor, it will automatically be denied and you get the bill!  Turns out my insurance sent us a check in April to cover the amount they were responsible for, instead of paying the hospital directly...um what? 

So three months ago you randomly sent a check (with no information or explanation) to cover a bill we would get in the future?  Wow that makes perfect sense and seems to be the most efficient way to pay a medical bill from 16.MONTHS.AGO!

To fix this, I have to go to the bank to get a copy of the check, send it to the hospital billing department, then they will resubmit the bill to my insurance and then to Brian's to try to get both to reconsider covering the costs.

OY VEY!

1 comment:

  1. I think the same people run the IRS and the DMV. My favorite medical insurance issue involves the $300 bill I got for Jack's birth. It was supposed to be 100% covered by insurance. When I called to ask why I was receiving a bill, they explained that the dependant (Jack) wasn't covered at the time of the birth. Um, yeah...cause he was a bit busy tearing up my cooter to register with Blue Cross the second he was born?! Have they never had babies before?

    ReplyDelete