Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pantry Challenge Week #1

I did pretty well this week, even though I slacked off until Friday.

Friday: Mexican pizza w/ salad 
used frozen bean/meat mixture from a few weeks ago and frozen homemade pizza dough
(bought shredded lettuce)  $1.99

Saturday: roasted chicken, roasted root veggies & asparagus
Used one of three whole chickens I had in the freezer
(bought sweet potatoes & asparagus-I couldn't pass up the asparagus it was super thin and we ate it for two meals)  $2.50

Sunday: family dinner at my parents I brought salad
(bought lettuce)  2/$6

Monday: Sausage & Kale soup
(bought sausage, potatoes (I was going to skip the spuds and use white beans, but my husband wanted potatoes so I used both) & kale (froze 1/2 to be used later this month) $7.50


Tuesday: Chicken pot pies w/ asparagus  I had everything on hand for this meal!
Used the leftover chicken from Saturday, made stock from the chicken carcass-overnight in the crock pot, used rice milk (not doing dairy right now) from the pantry and frozen veggies
I actually made 1 small pot pie for dinner and 3 pot pies to freeze, I know this defeats the purpose of cleaning out the freezer, but I hate making pie crust so I make up a few at a time to lessen the torture)

Grocery bill: I had to estimate the grocery bill and I'm sure I bought a few other things so lets round up to $25ish

No comments:

Post a Comment