Thursday, July 22, 2010

Passing on a Life Lesson to the Next Generation

Today I took Parker to the Clerk's Office to meet my old coworkers, then we headed to Juvy to surprise Elaine at her retirement party. As we left Juvy I thought back to the first time my Dad brought me to Juvy (at that time he was the Juvenile Detention Supervisor). So I looked Parker in the eyes and repeated what my Dad had said to me. I explained that bad boys and girls go to juvy when they break the law, so he better be a good boy and if he was a bad boy he would be spending the night there because Mommy & Daddy would take their sweet time picking him up!

1 comment:

  1. They told you they would actually pick you up? They must have learned with you, cause Dad told me they would "leave my skinny ass there".

    ReplyDelete